problems on launching spore trial version:(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reload13, Jun 18, 2008.

1. reload13 macrumors newbie

Well hi.Yesterday i downloaded the spore free trial version and after instaling i tried to lauch it but....cant start the game.it starts to load, does somthings on the screeen but i doesnt enter the game.Anyone had the same problem?knows a solution?sorry if my thread is unimportant and im doing something obviously wrong(although i dont think thats true in that case) but i just swithced and dont ots about macs jet.
    thnx very much

2. igorhmm macrumors newbie

igorhmm

I'm having the same problem.. when I run the game, a galaxy was show and I can control with arrows.. but I can't start the game

If I click on galaxy an url is opened: http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/PromoServlet/promoID.3682000

My MacBook isn't compatible with Spore.. but I guess I can run slowly!

Regards, Igor

3. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Where is the trial version? I can't find it on the official site.

4. reload13 thread starter macrumors newbie

at spore.com/trial

5. Lawlez macrumors newbie

I get the same problem. I thought that maybe it was just the trial version, so i went and bought the full version and it does the same thing.

It starts to load, then it brings me to some galaxy. When i try clicking around, it brings me to various links (EA Store, EA Help, etc) but never to the game.

I have a Macbook (Black version) that i bought last summer. So i mean its only a year old, it has leopard on it.

I can't figure out the problem. :(

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The GMA950 is NOT supported in the Mac version, only the PC version, so older MacBooks are via Boot Camp only. Other than that, you should note which version you downloaded, and the details of your Mac. It's very specific as to what it will & will not run on, particularly in Mac-land. Also, remember that the Mac version is a Wine port, not a true OS X coding.

7. igorhmm macrumors newbie

igorhmm

I've read this few days ago and now I know what I need to do... upgrade to MacBook Pro :)

regards

8. Lawlez macrumors newbie

How do you check to see what video card you have? i thought i had the Intel X3100 but maybe I don't.

9. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Or just run Windows in Boot Camp. SCC runs fine for me that way.

Apple Menu>About This Mac>More Info>Graphics/Displays

Attached Files:

10. Fromethius macrumors member

I have the same problem. It was working a few days ago (there's a mac version download you know..) and now today it just gets stuck on the loading screen and never loads.

Last night it was working fine. But then I downloaded the software updates for iWork and the such and then it stopped working.

Also, Parallels won't up anymore.