Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
I have a white macbook cd and so far on four occasions have had applications crash, files become unreadable, computer wont boot issues. Everytime a system reinstall fixes it, and I jsut get my apps back from a external harddrive. This is happening for a fifth time, well applications are crashing constantly, things slowing up, etc. At first I thought it was hardware, though if a system reinstall fixes it it seems to be software. This is a real pain and I am wondering what my option are? I still have applecare, About 3 more months of it.

Thanks.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
take it to the genius bar before you reinstall for the 5th time.

don't forget to make an appointment online before you go

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
That had occured to me, though I live a fair distance away from an apple store. Im guessing this is what is going to have to happen however. Any other ideas, possible problems even if there are no answers?

Thanks.

Jan 30, 2006
Did the problems start happening after you installed an specific app?

Try doing a fresh install and start installing your apps one by one, that way you'll know which app is the one causing the problems.

But it would be much better if you went to an Apple Store, maybe a genius could see the problem and you would not have to go trough a fresh install.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
it doesnt seem to be a specific app as wheneevr it happen and i reinstal i bring back everything that is still readable. It seems more time consistant, about a month and a half and it happens again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.