Problems pairing iphone with tomtom car kit.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jayo1971, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jayo1971 macrumors member

I just got my new Tomtom Car Kit today so i went to the car to set it up but no joy. The iphone doesn't see the car kit as described in the info that came with it. Has anyone else had this problem??

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Isn't it just a docking thing? Ie you don't need to 'pair' it?

3. jayo1971 thread starter macrumors member

No, you have to switch the bluetooth on via general and search for the carkit. My iphone is n't seeing the carkit hence the problem.. Jusy:( wondered if anyone had the same problem

4. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

Mine paired just fine - just had to type in the PIN number - and that was listed in the manual.

5. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

Make sure your car is on, so there is power to the car kit. Then, you also have to have the phone in the car kit dock to pair. My phone wasn't seeing the car kit until I docked it.

6. dagomike macrumors 65816

No problems with mine. The pairing seems real slick, actually.

Turn the car on, turn on BT on the iPhone, then put it in the cradle. Make sure the phone is charging to know the cradle is on. Should pop right up in the discovery.

7. walshkevinj macrumors newbie

iPhone and TomTom 720

I have a TomTom 720, had no problem initially pairing my iPhon3 3G. I have noticed that the TomTom will stop pairing with the phone about a week after placing in and syncing up the TomTom with the home computer. Once I re-sync the TomTom, it again pairs with my iPhone.

8. jayo1971 thread starter macrumors member

Well, Ive tryed everything i can think of... nothing. Totally disappointed with it. Its plays audio ie music, voice from tomtom app through the speaker with sound good but everytime i dock the iphone into the kit the message "This accessory is not made for the iphone" Aaaarr, Plus ive noticed that when the power is connected the power icon on my 3g doesn't change to the charging icon..... is this correct? i'll try to pair it to a different iphone tomorrow hopefully i'll have better luck. Thanks for all your feedback.:mad:

9. AusS2000 macrumors newbie

No go

I purchased a Tomtom car kit on Saturday from AppleStore Sydney.

iPhone sits in it and charges fine and it nicely mounts on my windscreen. Yesterday (Sunday) I decided to read the instructions. I didn't even realise at first that it was a BlueTooth device.

I plugged it into a USB power supply in my home and tried to pair it. My iPhone wouldn't find it. Tried on the supplied USB power lead in my car; still no go.

I waited until an associate came in on Monday morn and tried his iPhone. I once saw it listed in the BlueTooth screen but couldn't successfully pair with it.

I took it into town to Apple and they were most helpful. We tried my iPhone and the customer support guy's (Anthony). We tried the Tomtom device I had returned and a new one off the shelf. Occasionally we'd see it listed but could never successfully pair and connect.

In the end we gave up and Apple processed a refund for me.

10. whitlecj macrumors regular

My kit will pair fine but when using the hands free kit for a phone call, the speaker cuts out constantly. I get about every other word from the person I am talking to. TomTom customer service has been no help with the issue. Guess I will be driving an hour back to the Apple Store for a refund.:rolleyes:

11. indiekiduk macrumors 6502

Could someone please post the pin into this topic because I don't have a manual and this is the first hit on google for "TomTom car kit pin". Much appreciated...

12. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

@indiekiduk the TomTom Car Kit PIN is 5555 be sure to dock the phone into the carkit when pairing or it may fail :)

13. tybillie1612 macrumors newbie

problem pairing my iphone with my tom tom car kit

:confused:Hello i have a problem with pairing my iphone 3gs with my tom tom car kit.. Its not finding it when searching for it.. I have reboted my iphone and even do a restore but no joy with it still...:confused:

Can someone help me who has had the same problem..

:confused:iPhone 3gs 32gb:confused:

14. barefootfashion macrumors newbie

Issue pairing tomtom & iphone 4 turned out to be my phone

I couldn't get my tomtom cradle to pair or charge my iphone 4 - turned out the issue was my iphone 4 and not the tomtom at all. Our local apple store replaced my iphone 4 no questions asked (they were the ones who determined the issue was the iphone, not tomtom).