Problems playing Diablo II LOD

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by akens, Apr 11, 2009.

1. akens macrumors newbie

So I installed Diablo II today on my MacBook (10.5.6) for a bit of a throwback gaming experience, and I can't seem to play it.

I installed both D2 and the expansion without any problems, but when I try to play, I get the error message "The application Diablo II has unexpectedly quit. All other applications were unaffected. blah blah blah".

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems similar to this and what the solution was. Any help would be appreciated and most helpful. If you need any additional information, just ask.

2. akens thread starter macrumors newbie

Downloaded, but now I'm getting a "Diablo II has encountered a serious error. Please reinstall" message.

Is this update something that needs to be applied before installing?

3. imassents macrumors 6502

4. akens thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, this seemed to make some progress, I had the patch already but didn't think to put it IN the Diablo folder (DOH). So I did that, and at least I can open Diablo without getting the error message. The only problem is all I get is a black screen. No Blizzard advertisements or menus. Any tips on this new (hopefully easier) problem?

Thank you very much for all the help so far.

EDIT: I got it working, apparently it cannot be run in OpenGL (whatever that means), so I had to switch it. Anyway, that seemed to clear up the problem and I can play now. Thanks again.