Problems playing Videos

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iHenry, Mar 26, 2014.

1. iHenry, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014

iHenry macrumors member

iHenry

Whenever I try to play a Video on a website, I am getting "beach-balls" constantly, the videos don't play fluently, stopping almost every second, Firefox (and/or the OS) seems to freeze for a moment, the fan starts to make noise (which btw, also happens a lot lately when I watch any movie), and sometimes I get a message asking me whether I want or not to stop or continue executing a script.

It happens mostly when using Firefox, but not only.

I have both Firefox and Flash Player updated to the last version, 28 and 12.0.0.77. I am using a MacBook Pro from early 2011 on Lion.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem? :confused:

2. inscrewtable macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

3. tmanok macrumors newbie

tmanok

Hmmmm... My old 10.6.8 iMac did this and it seemed to be hardware related issues... Mine was just that the RAM was low and it had a hard time processing Safari Web Content and when I work at an apple repair shop it was software related to the plugin required for the video playback on the webpage you're on. I'd agree that you should Update any extra missed software or maintain your OSX system more frequently (E.G. Repair Permissions, soft reboots and other ETCs...
    - Tmanok :)