Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melissapete24

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ok, I Googled for quite some time before deciding to post, as I didn't want to start a new thread if this was already discussed. I found (somewhat) similar problems, but not the one I'm having. Here's my issue.

Lately, when I get on to Safari, I have problems printing. It doesn't seem to matter what website I'm printing from or anything. If I go to a website, and push command+P or click print, the dialog box pops up like normal. That's when the problems start. I get the spinning wheel, and it will just spin and spin and spin for up to an hour before I get my regular mouse pointer back and can click "print". I can't figure it out, because one time I can visit a web page and have no problems printing, but another time, I get the hangup. It doesn't seem to be any certain website that this happens to, either, and there's never any way of knowing ahead of time when it's going to happen. I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and Safari 6.0.4. I'm completely up-to-date on everything. Any ideas what's going on?

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Ok, I Googled for quite some time before deciding to post, as I didn't want to start a new thread if this was already discussed. I found (somewhat) similar problems, but not the one I'm having. Here's my issue.

Lately, when I get on to Safari, I have problems printing. It doesn't seem to matter what website I'm printing from or anything. If I go to a website, and push command+P or click print, the dialog box pops up like normal. That's when the problems start. I get the spinning wheel, and it will just spin and spin and spin for up to an hour before I get my regular mouse pointer back and can click "print". I can't figure it out, because one time I can visit a web page and have no problems printing, but another time, I get the hangup. It doesn't seem to be any certain website that this happens to, either, and there's never any way of knowing ahead of time when it's going to happen. I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and Safari 6.0.4. I'm completely up-to-date on everything. Any ideas what's going on?
I have noticed the same thing when printing from certain websites. Get the spinning beach ball when the print window appears. However, I have found that the beach ball still acts as a pointer, meaning I can select print options and the window functions normally. Annoying for sure. I am on Lion and have Epson drivers for my printer.

melissapete24

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Pennsylvania
My printer is a Brother, but I don't think it's the problem, because it's done this with my old Lexmark and my grandmother's HP. I did find out that I can still click with the beach ball, but it is uber annoying. Has anyone figured this one out yet? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.