Problems & Questions Regarding Jailbroken Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by KBV1, Jan 1, 2008.

1. KBV1 macrumors regular

KBV1

Hey

Lets start with the problem i am having :( I have just install the mail application and the mail prep and i have set up all my details to get pop access (with sky) and when i go to check mail it loads my inbox but just keeps saying "load 50 more messages..." i keep clicking that but it just keeps going on and on like a loops. I have checke3d my sky email and i only have 5 emails in there, out of all the folders and archived ones. any idea why this is?

I would just also like to find some info out about a couple of apps..

I remember watching a video on youtube and this guy a auto-connect app which picked up the closest wi-fi , also how do i get a background on my ipod on the main menu and change a few of the icons?

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Joshua-engelhar macrumors newbie

Help

im having the same problem i think i downloaded mail for my ipod touch and every time i open it i just see a white screen and then it closes!!:mad: can anyone help me? im trying to use a yahoo account.:mad:

3. chrisgilmore macrumors newbie

I'm not entirely sure what you are saying? It loads the same messages over and over again? Or the fact that all your mail is gone out of your web/desktop email. If it's the latter then that's because it's POP and downloads it to your device without duplication to it's original source.

Did you make sure you installed the Mail Prep BEFORE the actual Mail.app and made sure they were for your iPod's firmware. If everything is in order then try uninstalling both the prep and Mail itself, rebooting/resetting, then reinstalling again. This may work or may not.

Just another question, how did you install it. SSH/Manually or through installer?

Haven't got a clue about your auto-connect app however in order to get a custom background on the homescreen you'll need summerboard which is available through the installer. The iPodTouchMaster has a video tutorial which can be found here.

4. KBV1 thread starter macrumors regular

KBV1

woo-hoo my mail works, i installed the mail app first before the prep and thats why it didnt work.

Thank you so much!!! and i've watched that video and it really helped :) Does anyone knoe a good free FTP program for windows vista?