Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdelley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Hi,

I am a little unsure regarding the performance of my battery life for my macbook. I have had the computer since October 2007 and now have noticed a significant decrease in the performance of the battery power. From the original battery capacity of 5020 mAh, following 181 battery load-cycles I now have a current battery capacity of only 2003 mAh (39%). Since I have had the battery for 21 months the warranty for the battery is now invalid, but since the battery is expected to last ~300 cycles I'm a little surprised that its so depleted.

Would it be reasonable to discuss this problem with apple regarding a potential defect in the battery or is this a common problem and the only solution is to simply replace the battery?

Thanks for any help,
Richard

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 36

Jeffrosproto

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Apple will most likely tell you that it's your problem and you should replace it. There is an odd chance that there was a recall on the battery, in which case it would be replaced for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.