Problems restoring data after upgrading to IOs 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by elguerrero, Jun 9, 2011.

1. elguerrero macrumors newbie

I was able to upgrade my phone to IOs 5 through the restore feature and everything completed normally. I went through the new IOs 5 setup on my iphone4 and I chose the option to restore from a back up, however when I plug the iphone into itunes and attempt to restore from my last backup, I receive an error stating that my back up is incompatible or corrupt. Has anybody else experienced this and if so, is there a way to restore your data after the upgrade?

2. blesio macrumors regular

It's a beta so what do you expect. Almost every time you install a beta over an official firmware you won't be able to restore the backup. This is rather normal. Only the official and final firmwares have the ability to be updated or have the settings restored from previous firmwares.

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

OP, that process worked for me. I was previously on iOS 4.3.3 so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Maybe you had some apps or setting in your backup that just don't sit well with iOS5 beta.. tough to say!