Problems Selling a 2009 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tnick777, Nov 14, 2012.

1. tnick777 macrumors regular

tnick777

Hey guys,

Sorry to have to do this but I'm getting a little bit desperate. I've had my MacBook Pro on the market for a few weeks now and, besides the dozens of Nigerian scam artists, there has been very little interest.

I'm curious if anybody else has had much success? I have it listed at what I think is a very fair price, it comes with a free black InCase soft case, an 8 GB RAM upgrade, and free Apple Ear Buds, yet I can't seem to generate much legitimate interest.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

This isn't me advertising my computer but if anybody is interested they are most certainly welcome to bid ;)

I'm just wanting some help here guys... Any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221153604016

Thanks,
    Tyler

EDIT: and to start some type of discussion everybody can contribute to... I'm looking at either the 13" MacBook Pro with Retina or the MacBook Air... I'm really on the fence about dumping an extra $700+ for the retina.

Anybody run Civilization 5 on MacBook Air (2012)?

2. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

to me the case and the earbuds are of no added value and knowing what ram costs, neither is the ram upgrade.

In saying that, the most common reason for not selling is price.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Try Craigslist? I wouldn't buy a laptop on eBay, but maybe that's just me.

4. Namtaro macrumors regular

Well to add another post, what font is the time on your desktop?

5. mohsy90, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

It's priced too high. You're looking at in between 450-550. I would also fix your description. Use larger fonts and just briefly describe what you're selling. You have stuff about $950 through PayPal (???) and how you're not a dealer but private and how you're hoping to upgrade.....leave this stuff out.

Also add more pictures. Show the cosmetic blemishes and take pictures of the box and charger.

Hope this helps. As for the extra stuff your selling, it wont add much value to it at all.

6. oLNutjob, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

oLNutjob macrumors member

oLNutjob

IMO way too high, both start price & "bin."
    Unless we get some kind of holiday $$ surge the used market for just about anything is negative/flat.

The only way people are buying is if it is somewhat of a steal. I'm also watching mid priced musical instruments sit idle (Bay/CL) for months on end. 'Tings aren't too good at the moment.

(original disks or OS should be mentioned. ML install isn't helping matters.)

7. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

If you mention blemishes, you better show them or enough pictures to satisfy a buyer. "Software bundle"? If it's on the hard drive the buyer will assume that you will relinquish your license. You need more pictures and show the charger and box.