Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fieldegl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question (I hope) regarding sending emails from my iphone. I currently have 2 email accounts set up. I have a gmail account which works fine receiving and sending emails and I have my main email account (Charter).

For some reason, I am unable to send emails from my Charter account when on Edge or 3G. However, I am able to receive them just fine. What makes this all strange to me is that I am able to send emails from the Charter account when I am connected via WiFi.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Set up the Charter SMTP server to use your username and password. Charter doesn't require it while connected to their system, but does require it when outside.

TEG

JPS

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2007
This happened to me yesterday (via my POP account). I'd received two emails, tried to respond, and was told they were invalid addresses (which they aren't). I then tried to send myself an email, and that, too, didn't go through. An hour later everything was working perfectly.

JPS

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2007
Just got off the phone with Apple. Try this:

1. reset network. If that doesn't help...
2. delete your email account (remember your password, though), and re-enter it as if it were a new account.

That fixed mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.