Problems Shutting Down my imac 4,1 model intel core duo

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RobinsonVict, Oct 9, 2014.

1. RobinsonVict macrumors newbie

Hello...

Please help...

I have an Imac 4,1 model, OSX 10.6, intel core duo

I have about three weeks with situations on my imac, when I shut it down
    it does'n recognize the command and instead of shutting down it get restarted.

I have verify and repair disk permission with no results and I have done clean installations and the problems continues.

I dont have the Applications Install Disk 2 to make a hardware test, I have search it on the internet but I can't find one.

2. h9826790 macrumors G4

h9826790

if you can always shutdown on the 2nd attempt. Most likely that's a software problem. Since 10.10 is on the way, may be just wait for the update rather than play around with the system files now.

3. thedeske macrumors 6502a

Is the system updated to 10.6.8 ? (max system on that model) Don't know what the above poster is thinking, your model tops out at 10.6.8

Did you try using a key command to shut down ? (hold command/option/control & press the eject key)

You can also hold the power button to shut down if a solution doesn't present itself soon, but it sounds like something's not quitting properly.

4. h9826790 macrumors G4

h9826790

oh, I miss that max OSX version part.

Anyway, my understanding is that he can shutdown the computer, so no need to use force shutdown. However, the computer sometime perform a restart rather than shutdown.

5. RobinsonVict, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

RobinsonVict thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick replay.

I have shut it down using the key board commands and I have even change my HD and the problem continue, When I click shutdown the computer restart.

I have to always force the shutdown pushing the On and Off button behind the computer because of this Shutdown problem.

I have update my OS to 10.6.8 but it's not working properly anyway.

6. h9826790 macrumors G4

h9826790

So, it's always restart when you command shutdown? That's a more serious matter.

Anyway, here is the link for Apple Hardware Test

7. RobinsonVict thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks h9826790 for the Link.

I have downloaded the AHT and I did a deep test but it says there is no trouble in my computer.

So I would have to keep searching for further solutions to my problem.