Problems since updating latest security Update 2009-001 and Java 10.5 Update 3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sud, Feb 13, 2009.

1. sud macrumors regular

I have problems since applying the latest security Update 2009-001 and Java 10.5 Update 3, I have 10.5.6 on the new unibody 2.4ghz and have completely lost the ability to connect to my wireless access point which is an apple airport extreme base station. I can sometimes se the base station but cannot connect to it and sometimes cannot see it at all. I have three other apple computers at home all less then a year old running the same build of 10.5.6 but have not updated them and they all are fine. This one was perfect untill I applied the update.

The machine I am having problems with is partitioned with windows 7 beta on it which has no problems connecting to the base station, which indicates that its not a hardware problem but more then likely the update which is causing the problem. Is there a way to uninstall the last update or delete it? Any one with a similar problem or know how I can fix it, I have googled but cannot seem to find anyone with similar problems. :confused:

Anxiously waiting for help

2. visiondsi macrumors newbie

Problems since updating latest security Update 2009-001 and Java 10.5 Update 3

I also have been having problems since I installed the security update a few days ago. It seems my finder keeps crashing. It happens about every minute or so. I have been trying to uninstall the security update with no luck. Is anyone having the same issues or does anyone have any suggestions?

3. miwi macrumors newbie

Sud, I'm having the exact same problems as you after I applied the 2009-001 security update. The wireless network of my AEBS shows up occasionally but I can't connect with my mid-2007 MacBook becaue it always results in a timeout. I'm currently connected directly via ethernet cable, which seems to work fine (although everything seems slower to me).

Other laptops in my home running Windows XP and Vista have absolutely no problem with the wireless.

4. joepag macrumors newbie

Problems since updating latest security Update 2009-001

I am having the same problem with my screen jumping to the Finder and every 30 seconds and stopping the application I am in.

5. Janbr macrumors newbie

Problems with security update 2009-001 and Java OSX10.4

I am also having problems with the Finder crashing and interrupting my work in any open application. I'm still on 10.4.11- Power PC G5. Someone needs to address this issue promptly. Every few seconds the screen blinks, knocking me out of whatever I'm working on. I can't find any information regarding this problem directly from Apple. Let's get this fixed! I've never had problems downloading updates before! :(

6. cruxfaith macrumors newbie

Finder Crashing

I down loaded the Java and security updates on my 4 year old G5 iMac (pre built-in iSight camera) and my Hard drive image doesn't mount and my finder doesn't launch. I Can't find any site that talks about resolving the issue. I'm afraid to download the updates to my 6 year old G4 powerbook. Would love to learn of any solution to the problem.

7. Biolizard macrumors 6502

Snap on my Blackbook; I seem to be having wireless issues too. I can connect just fine then after a couple of hours or something it cuts out and often needs a restart. Second time a security update has screwed up wireless in some way recently, sort it out Apple.

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Since you specifically mentioned 10.4.11, at the same time the problem began did you happen to have just installed the latest QuickTime 7.6 update?

If so, it is known problem that usually has a very simple fix. Look in your System Preferences and see if you have the Stuffit AVR preference pane showing (usually in the bottom section). If so, open it and set it to "Off" and the problem will disappear.

This apparently only affects 10.4.11 users (that also have the Stuffit AVR pref pane) who upgrade to Quicktime 7.6.

Hope the fix is that simple for your system!

BTW- If you don't have Stuffit AVR, I found on another 10.4.11 system I was working on that another pref pane called "Yep Folders" can also cause the same problem and needs to be removed.

9. Janbr macrumors newbie

Thanks, sickmacdoc. Your remedy seems to have stopped the Finder crashes.

10. Biemuzik macrumors newbie

Same Here!

I have 10.4.11 PPC G5 -
    typing from my iPhone now because my mac has never
    restarted after downloading the update and restarting. all I get is grey apple
    start up screen and the circular progress icon.
    what gives? never a problem with updates before-
    tried all efforts to get started up- disc utility and full
    hardware check.
    can I take it to Genius bar and get them to get it started
    up- would be RIDICULOUS to have to lose all data and reinstall
    OS just from the update
    - dave

11. james conner macrumors newbie

email problems after update

Apple sent security update 2009-001 this morning after which I could not send emails. Spent hours trying to fix - spent $50 at Apple tech site with no results except they lost all my email and now nothing works.

Anyone interested in starting a class action suite for the loss of email and for hours of lost work?