Problems starting up my MacBook Pro 15" (2013)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lifeform, Sep 14, 2016.

1. lifeform macrumors member

Hi,

I am having problems starting up my MacBook Pro 15" now.

It\s been quite unstable lately where the fan has "gone wild" and running at really high volume and frequency lately. So I opened up the backside of it, and now the machine won´t even boot.

The screen on it is destroyed / broken, but I was before able to use it with an external monitor.

Any tips on how to get it booting normally again? Is there certain things I need to check on the hardware (tried both SMC and PRAM-resetting it) ++ ?

Excellent with any tipses and help. The fan is running now (power works) but nothing kind of happens.

Life

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

What happens if you boot into "safe mode"?
    To do that, power all the way down.
    Then, press the power-on button and hold down the shift key and KEEP HOLDING IT DOWN.

When you get to the finder, "check around".
    How are things doing now?

3. lifeform thread starter macrumors member

Didnt work. The problem is to get the external monitor to work. It seems like it boots perfectly into the OSX login window, since I can hear the sounds when I write the wrong password on the login window ++

4. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Can you boot it up, connect your monitor, a keyboard, and mouse, then shut the lid and have it run in clamshell mode on the external monitor? It should force the login screen to your other monitor and off of the internal display that is broken.

5. lifeform thread starter macrumors member

Didnt work either. :/

Think its something with the hardware this error - was bugging me some a few days before this