Problems syncing iPhone to iTunes 7.6.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GSDIZ.COM, Jun 18, 2008.

1. GSDIZ.COM macrumors newbie

I just installed Leopard on my MacBook. Since then I'm unable to sync my iPhone in iTunes. iTunes does not automatically begin to sync like it use to when I connected the USB cord. Has anyone had similar problems syncing their phone after updating to Leopard? I have already tried turning off my iPhone and restarting, did the same for iTunes. Any advice on how to resolve this issue?

2. KeegoSupremo macrumors member

When you plug the iPhone in does it charge? that could tell if the computers recognizing it or if its your cord.

3. qtmollygirl macrumors newbie

Leopard and iPhone sync problem

Hi, I just upgraded to Leopard on my iMac and I cannot sync my iphone.
    The USB charges the phone and iPhoto opens when I hook up the iphone, but nothing additional happens. iTunes does not recognize my phone. How do I solve this problem? Please advise.

4. fmbham2 macrumors newbie

me too

I'm having the same problem and haven't fund a solution. i wonder if I ca go back to the old software?

5. qtmollygirl macrumors newbie

Solution to iphone sync problem

Hi, I called Apple Support/iPhone. Here is what they suggested---walked me through---and it worked:
    Check to make sure your USB is charging the phone---if so, move on to next step.
    Go to iPhoto preferences (General) and SELECT "connecting camera" opens NO applications -----Reason: if you have photos on your iPhone it might trigger iPhoto to open and cause the iTunes sync NOT to open.
    Try to sync your iPhone now.
    If this doesn't work you will have to reinstall iTunes.
    (BUT FIRST: Make sure you have access to the internet/check iTunes and see if the current download version is available).
    DRAG your version of iTunes to the TRASH (iTunes might be in your Applications Folder). You might have to "restart" your computer to remove the old version of iTunes. Note: This will NOT cause any harm to any songs you have stored in iTunes.
    After you restart---go to iTunes-Download and reinstall. This should only take several minutes.
    Hook up your iPhone after you do the above and it should sync without any problem.
    It seems there was/is some glitch with iTunes/iPhone when you install Leopard. However, if you do the above all should be fine.
    Good luck and if you continue to have difficulty contact Apple Support.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm thinking that each of you needs to update your iTunes or reinstall as "qtmollygirl" has demonstrated. Nice post. :cool:

7. heyp macrumors 6502

i have a similar issue with my ipod nano 2nd gen after installing leopard... basically, my ipod will sync with any other computer but mine and my computer will sync with any other ipod but mine... it's really strange

here's my post discussing this issue
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=508234