Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Just changed my setup for my ATV. Changed from using my desktop to that of using a laptop. Transfered all my media to a 2 TB Hd. Movies and music are set up to stream and that works. Couldn't get the photos to stream, so I decied that I would sinc Problem is; Itunes says it is syncing; but nothing is happening. Just stays stuck on the progress bar and nothing else.
This is what I have tried. Tried to sync all the photos. ( there are a lot; nearly 15000; 28 Gig ) Doesn't work.
Have tried to sync individual folders and that works no problem.

Any suggestions? Could it be a size problem? Hd on my ATV is 150 Gig and is empty.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Solved the problem. Deleted the "Ipod Photo Cache" file in the folder where the picture files reside on the Hard Drive. You would be surprised how large this file can get and it just gets larger and larger. It is recommended that the file be deleted occasionally; Itunes will just rebuild it; but at a much smaller size.
Will be interesting to see how large the file will be after all my files are synced as I have 28 Gig of pictures. Will post when I'm done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.