Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
I am having some problems with texting on my new iPhone. I am able to send text messages to all of my friends back and forth, but for some reason, I can receive texts from my gf but she can't recieve my texts. What I don't get is the fact that she is having no problems getting texts from other people, it's just me. What might be the issue with this? I am completely confused why I can receive her texts, but she can't receive mine.

ratpackjj

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
last night, my iphone could not send a text to one person. i replied and then tried a new text and still the phone said there was an error sending the text.

did the phone tell you it couldn't or did it go out but she never go it?

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
LOL about the father comment.

No, my phone does not send me any kind of error message. I am having no problem with anyone else getting my texts. She is not having any problems with anyone else sending her texts. It doesn't make any sense.

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Is this a new form of compatibility?

"Are you meant to be? Can your phones communicate without error?"

LOL This is just frustrating. I have reset my iPhone twice and still nothing. She has reset her phone as well. Makes no sense. I might try to contact AT&T about this. I'm not sure if it's her phone with the problem or mine.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
LOL This is just frustrating. I have reset my iPhone twice and still nothing. She has reset her phone as well. Makes no sense. I might try to contact AT&T about this. I'm not sure if it's her phone with the problem or mine.

I would take both phones in to either AT&T or Apple to demonstrate the problem. It might be something as simple as one or both phones needing a new SIM card, but who knows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.