Problems transferring Aperture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by grovertdog, Oct 5, 2007.

1. grovertdog macrumors regular

Hiya-

Sold my MacPro, replaced with a 24" al-iMac. Backed up everything to FW800 external, have had good luck reinstalling apps EXCEPT Aperture.

Transferred pretty much everything (including the library) I could find to the same spots in the new machine, but Aperture won't load. I no longer have the DMG install, so would like to get things working "manually". I did this once before and it worked, but I must have forgotten something.

Here is the relevant lingo from my log-

Date/Time: 2007-09-25 09:10:46.390 -0700
    OS Version: 10.4.10 (Build 8R4031)
    Report Version: 4

Command: Aperture
    Path: /Applications/Aperture.app/Contents/MacOS/Aperture
    Parent: WindowServer [713]

Version: 1.5.4 (1.5.4)

PID: 1292
    Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/PluginManager.framework/Versions/B/PluginManager
    Referenced from: /Applications/Aperture.app/Contents/MacOS/Aperture
    Reason: image not found

"PluginManager" does exist, fwiw...

Any help would be appreciated.

2. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

What do you mean no longer have the DMG to reinstall... where are your disks? :rolleyes:

3. grovertdog thread starter macrumors regular

When you buy from the Apple Online store, you don't bother with physical media of course- just a downloaded image.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No, that's what happens when you pirate the software. Aperture, bought online or not, comes on physical media with a large manual, serial numbers and so on.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Hm, I'm not so sure. :eek: I dunno because I'd rather not bother with installing the trial version, but it looks as if you can DL the trial version, then pony up the cash at the end to get a different serial to unlock the full version.

Picture 3.png

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I did think of that. I'm not sure (I bought a boxed copy on eBay), but I'd expect them to still send you a full package. I could be wrong though. The manual is huge and pretty useful.

If the OP had downloaded the trial and then paid for a serial they could just re-download the trial and use the full version unlock serial again so there would be no issue?

7. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

That's the simplest solution; it's what I would do.