Problems transferring service from iPad 1 to iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jjp007, Mar 18, 2011.

1. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

So I called Att to switch my unlimited account from first gen to my new iPad 2. Well they couldn't get the 3G up and running. We tried all kinds of things, turning off, resetting network settings, etc etc and he could see my iPad on his end but it wasn't connecting to a tower. He had to open a special case as it seems there are iPad issues in Houston, Tx. Or so he said. Someone is supposed to call me back by the 21st for a resolution Is anyone else having this kind of issue? They said I would be getting a free month of service due to the problem.
    My old IPad worked just fine last Sunday on 3G. So im wondering if I got fed a line of BS

2. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

this is why SIM cards were invented.

swap them.

God knows what att guy did.

3. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

AT&T s---- me over for weeks on a similar issue, may be the same thing. I dont know, it just sounds like the same thing. Have you transferred your account settings from an iPad 1 to the iPad 2 or have you set up the iPad 2 as a new user?

If you did a transfer, something in the file may be corrupt (carrier APN setting?) which can be rectified by setting it up as a new device in iTunes or going to your oldest restore point and restoring it based on that (assuming it's not corrupt).

Id try setting it up as a new device, which takes all of 5 minutes and see if it fixes it before going to get a new SIM. If he can 'see' your device, it might nit be a SIM issue.

4. jjp007 thread starter macrumors regular

jjp007

I have the iPad 1 from day one, unlimited plan. So when I switched it over this is where the problem came from. I did restore the from my last backup instead of setting it up as new. So I will try to go back and set it up as new and see if that helps.

Simply swapping SIMS doesn't always work, they tried that and no go.

Thanks,