Problems upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard - can anyone help please?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by EnglishMacGuy, Jun 28, 2010.

1. EnglishMacGuy macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I am currently running a MacBook Pro which is currently 4 years old (the first to feature an Intel processor) and I am still using Tiger OS10.4. I have recently purchased iPhone 4 and need to upgrade my OS to Leopard or higher.

On visiting the Apple store today I was told that I could upgrade straight from Tiger to Snow Leopard using the £25 upgrade disc rather than purchasing the whole pack for £132.

I have just tried to install the DVD, however my disc drive won't even acknowledge that the Snow Leopard disc has been inserted and just spits it straight out. I have tried to use other video DVD's which run just fine.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything I should be doing which I haven't?

I would be really grateful if anyone could advise me on any steps I can take to make this work without having to pay the full £132.

Thanks in advance,

EnglishMacGuy

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Should work.

I find that the SL disk doesn't like it when MBP is at an angle on my mStand.

Trying placing it flat.

Optical drives are typically the first thing to go, btw.

3. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Yep should work fine. Rule out duff media (rare but it does happen) and see if it can be read in another machine (mac or windows).

4. scottsun macrumors newbie

However, my disc does not even recognize that the Snow Leopard disc is inserted, and just spits out. I tried to use other DVD video, which uses well.