Problems uploading photos to facebook.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jerbear368, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jerbear368 macrumors newbie

I have been having problems with facebook for a week now. I cant upload photos to facebook. I finally was able to get the uploader screen to generate but now I cant select anything to attempt to upload. When I use the simple uploader i get the following error:

Firefox can't find the server at upload.facebook.com.

I have snow leopard osx and i am using the newest firefox.

Any suggestions?

2. nyzwerewolf macrumors regular

does it work properly in Safari or do you get the same error?

3. jerbear368 thread starter macrumors newbie

not really

I tried it in safari and the uploader comes up but when the pictures attempt to upload it ends up saying server not found.

4. tulanejosh macrumors member

i have exactly the same problem and posted a question right before you, lol.

The only thing that works for me is as follows:

1) select the photos you want to upload.
    2) export them to desktop using iphoto export. very import to select medium for quality/size.
    3) re-add those photos to iphoto as a new event.
    4) upload that new re-sized event using iphoto export or uploader (whichever one you have).

I think it has something to do with picture size. My camera is 10 mp so i am guessing either iphoto or facebook is rejecting photos that are several megs in size.

5. tulanejosh macrumors member

one more thing... if you choose to upload through iphoto - you actually need to keep the photos in iphoto. If you delete them or the re-sized versions i just mentioned - it deletes them from facebook. I just learned that the hard way after spending an hour tagging and captioning... grrrr cmon apple/facebook fix this already.

6. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I've been having the same problem, even with IE (this is at work). Can't post pictures.

7. jerbear368 thread starter macrumors newbie

So i transferred the pictures to my External HD and tried it on my Windows Desktop and I got them to upload. Not sure whats conflicting with mac. I never had the problem with my Previous Macbook with leopard. But last time I tried on that it also had problems. Does anyone know if facebook is having mac compatibility issues?

8. Mlobo01 macrumors 6502

try this...

I think it could be the firewall, lately other Firewall issues have been popping up, turn off or register Firefox within your FW permissions.