Problems using dbPowerAmp under Fusion - please HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Nubben, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Nubben macrumors regular

Nubben

Hi,

I have been trying to set up dBpa using Fusion but although Xp recognizes the external USB DVD drive - it doesn't recognize it as an audio CD when I put in a CD.

I know I should probably ask this Q over at their forum but thought I'd ask here as well in case other Fusion users have had similar problems.

Maybe running Fusion off a BootCamp partition would solve things? Could it be a driver issue?

Nubben

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It could be a driver issue - depends on the version of Windows you're using. If you're running Windows XP or Windows Vista in Fusion, it shouldn't need a driver to recognize external USB CD drives. If you're running some older version, then you may very well be having a driver issue.

What do you see in Windows when you insert the CD (and connect it to Fusion instead of the Mac OS)? If it looks like a data disc, with files called "Track 1", "Track 2", etc, you may have AutoPlay disabled in Windows.