Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the-whizzler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Orlando, FL
Hi,

I'm new to Apple tech, only recently converted and bought a 15' MacBook Pro. Was throughly enjoying myself and my new toy, but then I updated to Lion. Aside from any other problems I have with the experience, I now seem to be unable to view the Finder window to access any of my folders. It shows up when sliding between "desktops" when using the "three finger scroll gesture", but is not manipulable, and disappears when it settles on the next "desktop".

Looking for some help here, it's becoming more than a little frustrating and I don't know anyone else who is suffering from the same problem!

Thanks.

filmeditor

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
You are not alone!
I too have this extremely frustrating problem and it is driving me nuts!
I have searched around online for help but have not found anything yet. If I find a solution, I'll be sure to post it here.

Update...
I did eventually somehow fix this bug and I am not exactly sure how. I managed to close the folders that would only appear fleetingly between desktops but carefully positioning my cursor over the close (x) and holding the desktop so it wasn't quite settled with a free finger i clicked them closed.
Once they were all closed, I double clicked my hard drive and it opened on desktop one!
It's been behaving fine ever since.

Last edited:

filmeditor

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
Damn, it's back again!

Same problem this morning. I am going to try a software update and hope it resolves it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.