Problems W/hd Capture???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by trugmac9, May 25, 2010.

1. trugmac9 macrumors newbie

Okay hate to be such a dipstick,but this slite problem i've encountered is really
    stumbled me.Don't think it makes much sense,but the thing is:I purchased the mac solely because i have a HD cybercam JVC camcorder.But once I got ready to start editing & importing footage 1st prob was the different firewire port, okay so i get the new firewire needed.Then I wasn't able to capture my HD footage (for awhile) so i kept on trying & trying,now get this some how some way i was able to grab & upload some HD footage so i did......Next time I tried
    to do the same thing wasn't able,& every time after since then i just couldn't get it to capture any HD footage, only DV footage...i'm in desperate need of assistance....I WOULD ASK IF IMOVIE WAS COMPATIBLE, & ABLE TO CAPTURE HD FOOTAGE BUT I WAS ABLE TO CAPTURE ONCE, BUT JUST CAN'T NOW FOR SOME REASON.?WHAT SHOULD I DO ?:confused:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Your post is seriously frelled up and really, really hard to read. But since I spent some time on Lamebook I am now able to decipher it.

What exact HD camcorder do you have (model number) and are you sure it uses Firewire? If it is a DV camcorder, it surely does, but that should mean that camcorder is also able to record HDV if it is HD capable.

Do you use iMovie and if so, what settings do you use?

That's all for now.