Problems w/ InvisibleShield for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by imetazoa, Jun 30, 2010.

1. imetazoa macrumors member

imetazoa

I have never tried an invisible shield before and I decided to get one for my iPhone4 and I am having issues with it.

BestBuy installed it for me and everything looked great, but a random bubble popped up on the back (that wasnt there a few days ago) and has not gone away (after ~24 hours). I wonder if this is because it sticks to surfaces sometimes when I put it down? Especially glass...

Also, I had it in my pocket one day and part of the shield lifted up. Does that normally happen? Are you suppose to have to put cases over these shields? I thought these things were suppose to be stuck on the phone pretty strong...

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Once the shield goes on and that 24hr, I say 72hr period passes it "should" be on for good.

I've had mine on for a week today and it's still just as it was when I first got it.

As far as edges lifting you really just have to be careful with it. With normal usage it shouldn't come off, but it is just stuck on so with too much contact the edge can lift.

A common cause for the edge lifting would be putting it in a case which is a bad idea most of the time.

If you had bestbuy install and it's not looking right I say take it back.

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

Friction on an edge or corner will lift up a skin. Actions like slipping the phone into a jeans pocket causes that kind of friction.

4. imetazoa thread starter macrumors member

imetazoa

thanks for explaining friction.

now can you explain adhesion? specifically how the adhesive properties of the invisible shield should be resisting the friction cause by slipping the phone into my pocket?

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

6. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

How did you get BestBuy to install it?

7. Jayp03 macrumors newbie

I'd like to know how too.

And did they charge extra for the installation?

8. imetazoa thread starter macrumors member

imetazoa

They asked me when I bought it at the BestBuy Mobile counter.

Probably only the BestBuy Mobile counter is able to do it. They charge though, 7 or 12 depending if you have just the front or full body.

9. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

The mobile guy did it for me for free. If u did it at geek squad it was $8