Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
My wife's MacBook (10.5.8) has been acting really funny lately, and I used it recently and tried to get on Safari. I can't get any pages to come up, and any pages I do try come up blank, and at the top the display normally says what page I'm on, it instead says, "(page URL), 1x1 pixels.

I checked SW update, installed all updates, and restarted, and that didn't fix anything.

Anyone ever seen this? Anyone know what might cause the problem? I should note that Firefox works fine FWIW.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 422
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 411
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 63

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Yeah, me too. As an example, I had a friend with that problem and turned out to be his virus protection (on a PC). It was a pic on my site and it had "promo" in the title of the pic--and his program blocked it.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Hmm, I'll check into that. I tried googling AND MRoogling for a result, but I wasn't having any luck; thanks for the link, angelwatt. Next time I'm on it I'll check into the adblockers to see if that's causing the problems.

Thanks for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.