Problems with 15" unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zalves, Feb 3, 2009.

1. zalves macrumors member

I bought my unibody early January, it came in perfect conditions if the loose hinge is ignored, which I do ignore since I prefer to have it like that.

I think my problems are more related to software, and they are the following:

- From time to time I have to turn off and back on the airport because I have sudden losses of internet while browsing the internet

- Don't know why but my mac sometimes just freezes with no response to any command, including force quit and so on... but after a while, like 30sec to 1min it executes all the commands I've previously asked from it. Like it was stuck for a while.

I use transmition for my torrents (I confess I do torrent downloads) and I also have littlesnitch installed... could one of those be the reason? I love them both...

2. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Mine has done that twice, it was stuck for about a minute then all of a sudden I had like a dozen force quit windows... I don't have any of those programs and I checked the temps afterwords and no issues there. All I can guess is that I overwhelmed it though I can't remember how.

3. DYER macrumors 6502

I have safari lock up (beachball of death) when i am using transmission (not even illegal downloads.... -_-) which annoys the hell out of me...

seems similar to you...
    rarely does everything else lock up but I have had a worrying amount of kernel panics...