Problems with 17" Powerbook display

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Freeks, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Freeks macrumors regular

Hi,

My old trusty 17" powerbook display is giving problems.

Usually it works just fine, but some days it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Probably problem with contact or something. Would that be something that I could try to fix myself? Local Apple service is pretty expensive.

Tnhx,

Freeks

2. Freeks thread starter macrumors regular

Well, mac service said it's too old to be repaired. It cost'd over 4000 euros in 2004 and now it's just piece of scrap metal :D

Really looking forward for the new Google OS. Mac's have too much technical problems, WINXP is problem itself and Linux don't run any proper software.

I haven't owned a mac that hadn't needed service for broken hardware. The unibody MBP that i'm writing this has a broken DVD slot. It was broken when I bought it but i can't send it back as i need the machine 18h/day. Last laptop that I sent for repair got lost and i never got it back :D

I'm all ready wondering what will be broken in the Mini i'm getting next week :D

3. Benjic macrumors regular

4. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Well I'd say a 5 year old computer lived a good life. My Dell desktop had problems and was alsmost unusable after 2.

5. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

You call your PowerBook 17" a "trusty" laptop, then say you haven't had a Mac without problems. Huh? If a PowerBook has been "trusty" up until today, it sounds reliable to me.