Problems with 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neilp4453, Feb 1, 2009.

1. neilp4453 macrumors regular

I am wondering if anyone else is having similar problems with 3g (probably with edge too).

If I use wifi, everything magically works again. However, if I switch to 3G...the app store stops working and so do all the apps that require a connection stop working.

The thing is, the 3G isn't working most of the time but sometimes it does.

I've done both types of reset and the only thing left to do is a restore. Still trying to see if this problem is just me.

2. iphoneuser8 macrumors newbie

Not just you. Me too

I am having the exact same problem you wrote about starting today. wifi is okay, but 3g and edge often does not allow for any data related stuff to work. The strange thing is that I can make calls on both 3g and edge and have full bars, but not data unless I am on wifi. Strange. All resets done, but no restore yet. Just started today all of a sudden. Before I do a restore I want to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Anyone else?

3. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

It sounds like a problem with the service, not the phone? Does this happen everywhere, or just when you are, say, at home or work? I would call ATT/Apple, I'm sure they can give you some answers.

4. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

3g

Not sure what area of the country your from but I'm in central NJ and I was having a problem with that also.. I did a reset and switched my 3G off and I could retreive my email. When I was on 3G it would say I could not connect to the internet.. Maybe AT&T was having an issue with the data system today?? :confused:

James

5. tek2582 macrumors newbie

Same problem in Philly and Bucks County

All day I have been experiencing the same problem. Its starting to drive me nuts. I was going to restore in the morning if I didn't hear anything else about it tonight. Has to be a network issue if we are all experiencing this. Had it happen in Philadelphia, and bucks county.

6. iphoneuser8 macrumors newbie

by the way

I am in Philly. If anyone calls att please post what they say here. I will too if I end up calling them (if things don't clear up soon).

7. digichick macrumors newbie

Network problems on 3G

There has been network problems, I was on 3G all day and I noticed the first problem around 4pm Sunday. I thought maybe it was only the web acting up, so I tried to send my other iphone buddy a text and it said, "couldn't deliver text, no such number". So, I figured it was a network problem, and it was pretty much down all day except for the phone calls. I live in the Lehigh Valley, so maybe its a PA thing?:confused:

8. stlbmxil macrumors newbie

i had the same issue. Loading any webpages brought up a "cannot connect to server" error message, and facebook wouldn't load any updates, nor apnews. It seemed sporadic seeing as i could connect right after power on/power off of phone, or after having it sit for a while in my pocket unused. I'm in the st. louis area. sounds like an att data network(s) problem

9. iphoneuser8 macrumors newbie

The strange thing is (in Philly) I am having these network troubles with full bars of 3g and edge. Before when I had network troubles it made sense because 3g or edge would go down to 1 bar or no service. This is happening with full bars of service---calls are just fine, but not data connections.

10. superxero3 macrumors regular

just today i started experiencing problems sending or checking email.. i would get "cannot connect to imap.gmail.com" or something like that. When i would connect to wifi however the problem was instantly fixed.. weird.

11. Barbs macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Same issues with me in Boston.

12. rednano74 macrumors member