Problems with Airport Admin Utility

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nickyj182, Jul 29, 2007.

1. nickyj182 macrumors regular

nickyj182

Im using Airport Admin Utility 4.23, and every time I run it, and double click on my router (Graphite Airport Base Station) it says "Airport Admin utility was unable to read the configuration of the selected base station. An error occurred while reading the configuration."

How in the hell do I get into my AirPort to change settings? Im wanning to password protect it. Can I get newer Admin Utility? Any ideas? Thanks!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you tried resetting your AirPort base station? It tells you how to do this in the manual. :)

3. nickyj182 thread starter macrumors regular

nickyj182

Yes I have, but it still doesn't allow me access thru Airport Admin Utility.

4. devman macrumors 65816

devman

I'm on a newer machine and it only has the new airport utility (so I can't check this) but wasn't there a separate/different admin program for the graphite base station. I may be remembering this wrong though.

5. nickyj182 thread starter macrumors regular

nickyj182

Im not sure. But im using a brand new 20 inch imac, and I have every single update via software update. But Ive been reading thats theres and Airport Admin Utility v 5.xx. Im using 4 something, any idea where to download that?