Problems with Airport..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by andalusia, May 29, 2009.

1. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Really puzzled by this. My router has stopped accepting my airport card... It's an Echolife HG520s.. I keep trying to connect, with the correct WEP key, and it keeps on timing out. I tried turning off the WEP key, and it still didn't connect. It's acting very oddly... For example it did connect one time, and had full connection according to Airport in the menu bar, but wouldn't allow me to access any sites or 192.168.1.1 either, leading me to believe it wasn't really connected...

I first noticed this last night, and oddly enough it was fixed when I went upstairs, but stopped working again about 4 hours ago. I have to use an ethernet cable to write this... <Shudders>

The only change I've made to my laptop is the new 4GB of 800Mhz RAM yesterday, which (I might add) did not affect the router at my father's house. The only problem has been here, at my mother's.

Help, anyone? I need the internet! xD

2. andalusia thread starter macrumors 68030

andalusia

Just now I tried connecting with the Airport... To no avail. I run upstairs to my room... Here I am typing this message out wirelessly.

Sorry for the double post, needed to update people who've already read it.