Problems with an aging Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by poozer115, Dec 28, 2008.

1. poozer115 macrumors regular

poozer115

Hiya all. I've had my macbook for about a year and a half now and loved it very much throughout my time owning it. It has proved to be a very reliable machine. However, it has recently started some worrisome things.
    Whenever I open it, the speakers make a strange sound while starting up, like someone tapping on a microphone. This happens every single time, and it's the exact same duration and volume. Could my speakers be failing, or is this nothing to worry about?
    Also, I've noticed a rather annoying white noise sounds whenever I used the trackpad. After not using the trackpad for about fifteen seconds it abruptly goes away. Anyone know what this could be and any possible fixes?
    Thanks for everything!

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Do you have Applecare? If you do, you'd be better off explaining your situation to an Apple Genius.

3. MSchmunk macrumors newbie

If you have an Apple care plan, they should be able to help you out with most of those problems.

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Take it to an Apple Store and have them look at it... It looks like something is broken inside...