Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Is anyone else having problems with Anemone causing settings to crash/not open? With me it is random as to what I have selected in Anemone that will cause the problem with settings.

I have tried removing it and doing an iClean and then installing Anemone again but it is the same. At first I was able to use Statusbar CS (wifi and signal) but now I can't if I want to be able to open settings. Even sometimes using just the Anemone effects will cause the problem. It is driving me nuts.

I have asked the maker but all he said is that he doesn't have any problems his end.

It is happening on my iP6 on 8.4

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
It's a problem with others as well. Mainly for those on 8.4 but also for some on 9.0.2.

It appears there's no conclusive finding on what's causing the crashes.
Some report Anemone to be incompatible with Cloaky. So if you have this one try if removing it fixes it.
Others were able to fix the crashing by downgrading Anemone to version 1.1-52. If you want to give it a try you can dl the deb from http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/debs2.0/anemone_1.1-52.deb

Also the dev of Anemone doesn't acknowledge any issue with his tweak to be the culprit. So you probably shouldn't expect any action from him to solve the issue.

As a last resort you can always switch from Anemone to WinterBoard. Maybe not as smart as Anemone but still working flawlessly.

Reactions: Will22

Will22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
It's a problem with others as well. Mainly for those on 8.4 but also for some on 9.0.2.

It appears there's no conclusive finding on what's causing the crashes.
Some report Anemone to be incompatible with Cloaky. So if you have this one try if removing it fixes it.
Others were able to fix the crashing by downgrading Anemone to version 1.1-52. If you want to give it a try you can dl the deb from http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/debs2.0/anemone_1.1-52.deb

Also the dev of Anemone doesn't acknowledge any issue with his tweak to be the culprit. So you probably shouldn't expect any action from him to solve the issue.

As a last resort you can always switch from Anemone to WinterBoard. Maybe not as smart as Anemone but still working flawlessly.

Thanks for the reply, how do I downgrade? I have clicked the link and uploaded it to my Google Drive but what do I do next?

Cheers.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
Thanks for the reply, how do I downgrade? I have clicked the link and uploaded it to my Google Drive but what do I do next?

Cheers.
The easiest way is by use of iFile. Transfer the deb file to your device. Then open in iFile and tap Installer. Make sure Cydia is closed when performing the Installer in iFile.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
The easiest way is by use of iFile. Transfer the deb file to your device. Then open in iFile and tap Installer. Make sure Cydia is closed when performing the Installer in iFile.

You are a STAR my friend! Works perfectly, seriously I can't thank you enough. £10 going to you or a charity of your choice. PM me your PayPal or tell me your charity and I will sort it out right now.

Thank you again.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
You are a STAR my friend! Works perfectly, seriously I can't thank you enough. £10 going to you or a charity of your choice. PM me your PayPal or tell me your charity and I will sort it out right now.

Thank you again.
Glad to see you got it fixed.

Jailbreaking is for free and the same applies to support between jailbreakers.

If you want to donate please choose an organization in your local area. I'm certain you know a good place which deserves it!

Cheers and thanks for supporting people in need!

Will22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Glad to see you got it fixed.

Jailbreaking is for free and the same applies to support between jailbreakers.

If you want to donate please choose an organization in your local area. I'm certain you know a good place which deserves it!

Cheers and thanks for supporting people in need!

I will make a donation to the RSPCC today.

Again many thanks.

Reactions: HenryLong
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.