Problems with Aperture...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DollFaceDork, Jul 14, 2011.

1. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

I'm having problems uploading pictures from an external hard drive... It's not letting me import any of my iPhoto libraries that I have stored, I had no problem in doing this before...

Instead I'm having to move each sub on it's own and i have HUNDREDS it would take me forever... and some have vanished completely?!?!

Anyone had this and know any tricks? I've tried the user manual with no luck..

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

The pictures are located on an external drive and you're trying to import them to Aperture? Have they already been imported into iPhoto, or do they have individual folders for the pictures?

I'm just trying to better understand your issue so I can help you further.

3. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Can you see the external drive in Aperture when you click on "Import" and it shows you your HD, Desktop, etc? If not then your computer is not recognizing it so you won't be able to import. I have a folder in my Home folder under "Places"(it's just below the Desktop in Finder) named Aperture Masters. I sometimes use this when uploading photos from my CF card and import them into aperture as referenced photos. Maybe if you copy all of your photos from your external (or maybe try a few as a dry run), put them in a similar folder and try importing then that may act as a work-around. No sure what else to suggest. Maybe someone else with more experience can help. Good luck.

4. DollFaceDork thread starter macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

These that I'm trying to right now have not been on iPhoto before but I have used the very same device to move pictures before onto iPhoto and have had no problems

5. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Following what the previous poster mentioned, is the external hard drive showing up under the Import option in Aperture?

6. DollFaceDork thread starter macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

7. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

What happens after that? Is it just not allowing you to select the pictures?

8. DollFaceDork thread starter macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

It will let me select the pictures one by one but I want to move multiple (it won't seem to let me) that's the bit I'm having problems with. I wouldn't normally be too bothered at this time of night but I'm editing photos for a friends wedding...

9. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

What happens when you hit select all, or try clicking and then Shift-clicking on all of the photos. Or as a last resort Command-A. See if that will select a larger group of photos to import. If not create a folder on your desk top and copy all the photos to it then import that folder.

10. DollFaceDork thread starter macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

It just won't let me do it for some unknown reason... it's making me sad...:confused:

11. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Sorry but I've run out of ideas.:confused: How soon do you need to do all of this? It may not help you thist ime, but you may want to pose this question on www.apertureexpert.com. I've used this site when I run into problems with Aperture and have always found it helpful. It may help you if you run into this problem again in the future.