Problems with Apple review process

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dfany, May 24, 2011.

1. dfany macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

We are having some trouble with AppStore review process. We didn't have any problems until now with submitted applications, but our last one is in a review for almost 20 days. They have asked demo account which we have provided, then simply stated that our app should require additional review time and left it there. All our attempts to find out a reason why were left answered with some unclear general lines. Application is neither approved or rejected, it is in a review.

Am I allowed to publicly show my communication with Apple? Should I go to the press and blog about it?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

2. McRCN macrumors regular

Saying anything negative about the process can only hurt you at this point. Anyone know how long it normally takes to get approved?

3. psonice macrumors 6502a

It normally takes 3-10 days for me, depending on time or year and such.

I'd say in this case, *definitely* don't blog/complain publicly about it - they say in their guidelines that this doesn't help. Best option would be to contact them again, see if there's any further information they need or anything you can help with, or otherwise if they have an idea of how long it's likely to be. In other words, don't get angry with them, but keep up some polite pressure.

Was there anything controversial/rule bending about the app?

4. dfany thread starter macrumors newbie

It also took 3-10 day for us on the previous applications. With this one is a bit different. Application is a bit controversal, but following the submission guidelines.

I have contacted them several times with polite pressure and see how I could help, but I am always receiving this nice answers as they will inform me when some progress has been made.

5. jonathanaja macrumors newbie

For us, it was 1-2 weeks. However, as they said somewhere in the websites sometime there are so many apps to review so please be patient.

6. psonice macrumors 6502a

If it's a bit controversial, they'll probably escalate it, where it'll get discussed and a decision made. Problem is if it's considered a 'low priority' app it might take longer, and if it's a really borderline case they might not reach a decision. (I'm guessing at what happens here, based on what I've seen happen with other apps).

Worst case, it can get stuck for ages before being accepted/rejected, I'm not sure there's much you can do other than be patient, and give them a polite prod now and then. Or maybe you could ask if it'd help if you made some changes to the app and re-submitted, so it's a bit less controversial.