Problems with application windows

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twistisme, Feb 3, 2011.

1. twistisme macrumors newbie

Hi all.

First up, I don't mean Microsoft Windows, but the application windows, makes it hard to look for a fix on google.

When I try closing certain application windows, they don't close, and instead all the application windows for that app dissapear as if I hit Cmd + H.

Happens quite a bit with a few different app and I'v ignored it, but now it's happening with logic and getting very irritating. Eg, open logic, open EXS24, and open the edit screen. Whenever I hit the X to close it, all of logic disappears and when I click the logic icon, it comes back, with EXS24 edit screen still there.

I can't remember which other applications this occurs with, but I will post here if it happens again.

Running macbook pro late 2008 unibody, with 10.6.6, 4 g ram and 2.66 processor. I also have a few free apps installed that have to do with screen management, eg 2-up (I think it's called) and maybe they could have something to do with it.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

2. twistisme thread starter macrumors newbie

Also iTunes, when I get the pop-up saying there isn't enough space to sync the iPhone, I click OK, and iTunes dissapears. WHen I click iTunes again it comes up just like it was before, with the extra window there. If i try closing it again, same thing happens.

Any help please.

3. twistisme thread starter macrumors newbie

And now, out of nowhere, occasionally firefox will do the same when I try switching between tabs.

C'mon I'm sure someone has some idea of whats going on.

4. ender land macrumors 6502a

you aren't hitting the yellow "-" instead of the red "x" are you?

That behavior would be exactly what you are describing. Though I am assuming this not to be the case considering how relatively obvious it would be :p