Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sovre

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2019
I have a few problems with the Books app which I'm hoping someone can help me solve.

I copy audibooks onto my iphone manually from a playlist in itunes. So far as I know I have no syncing options enabled. I've checked and all sync boxes are unchecked.

Yet I have found that when I connect my iphone to move a new book to my phone, I often find old books which I have already deleted (both from the Books app and from my itunes playlist) being copied to my iphone yet again! I delete the book again from the books app, but it will just pop up again next time. If the book is not on my phone nor in my playlist - where is the books app finding it? why does it keep appearing there over and over?

Also when I disconnect my phone form my computer, l often get a message about audiobooks "not having synced" on my iphone, though I do not have anything set to sync, and always manage books manually - why would this be happening?

There is one book which I originally tried to copy in multiple files, but then merged into a single file - I deleted all the multiple files from my playlist, but one or two of those files always show up on the Books app every time I start it. I don't know what process is engaged that makes this happen or how to stop it, as it seems the user of the phone has little control over these operations.

Another thing: while some files that I copy to my phone from playlist, show up immediately, there are others that just won't show up. I often have to disconnect my phone, restart itunes, keep trying to copy a file multiple times before it shows up.

Is the software just really buggy, or are there things I can do to prevent the above issues?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.