Problems with Boot Camp

Discussion in 'macOS' started by EmmiG, Jan 17, 2010.

1. EmmiG macrumors newbie

Ok, so I am not sure if I am posting this in the right category. I am new on here so forgive me if it is not in the right place.

I am having trouble with my partition using boot camp. I am getting an error about the files not being able to be moved. I have repaired permissions... did not work. Defragmented.... did not work. When I look at the defrag log I see that there is an error -43 on a jpg, which I can not find. All the other errors are items running that pertain to actually the computer working (quit all files that were opened just to make sure).

I am trying to partition due to the programs that I use for work are pc only. I am trying to avoid having to go buy a pc just to run the programs at home.

I have been working on fixing this issue for two days now I am at a lost at what to do. Any and all help would be appreciated.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You likely have the space, but it is not contiguous (all together)
    That is usually what causes this problem

Some (not all) have had success with iDefrag, to get the space together, but this does not always work

The best solution in my opinion, is to clone the system to an external HDD with something like Carbon Copy Cloner, erase the internal HDD completely, and clone back

Then you should be able to run Boot Camp Assistant with no issues

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Heath macrumors regular

That's what I ended up doing too.
    Backup, reformat, restore, bootcamp.
    Pain in the ass but it works.

4. MaskingTape macrumors regular

Try booting off your leopard/sl disc and run disk utility to verify/repair the disc. I had the same prob and that fixed it.