Problems with Bootcamp on macbook pro retina 13"

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Cherrysftw, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Cherrysftw macrumors member

hey guys, i installed windows 7 professional x64 and it worked perfectly fine, except for some resolution problems.
    I have a late 2013 macbook pro retina 13" with 8GB ram and with I believe, intel iris 5100. I love my mac other than the only problem which was its in-ability to play Runescape without any problems.

I tried running it and it was beautiful for 2 mins before the fans went off and the system heated up (this was on maxed settings) and once I turned it to lowest it was quiet. I do believe I had all drivers installed (the bootcamp installed them automatically and I manually downloaded them again from my USB).

Is this heating up inevitable, or could it be down to using the wrong Windows. I literally can't play most games that would run flawlessly with windows on my macbook, which is kind of a shame.

Thnaks

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Windows 7 doesn't really work with 200% scaling. The last I checked, 150% was the max.

Windows 7 is also no longer supported by Microsoft (mainstream support, that is) and isn't optimized for retina and UEFI.

Boot Camp Assistant on Haswell Macs will install Windows in UEFI whenever possible.

I'd recommend you use Windows 8.1 instead.

3. Cherrysftw, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015

Cherrysftw thread starter macrumors member

Alright, but when it says x64/x86 installation which am I after?

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Go for x64. Boot Camp doesn't support 32-bit (x86) Windows.