Problems with bootcamp/windows 7/omg I may have killed my mbp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by erck24, Apr 25, 2011.

1. erck24 macrumors newbie

Let me preface this by saying that I am, in fact, a moron.
    I have a macbook pro and I just partitioned my hard drive to install windows 7. It was all going good and I had my copy of the disc in there running but when it restarted i got an error message. (here it comes)

I got an error saying "bootmgr is missing, press any key to restart" but the keyboard no longer seems to work. I restared multiple times but it didnt help. I held down the C key and control alt delete, nothing. I even tried a usb keyboard and nothing. The computer won't start up, I just get that message. Anyone know what's going on? I need help please:confused:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Reboot and hold down Option this time for the boot loader. If you used the utilities your Startup Disk is probably set to the Windows partition. Though it is strange that you are not booting to the installation disc.

3. erck24 thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked :) thanks a bunch for putting an end to my mac-less world

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Which MacBook Pro and what version of Windows 7?

5. erck24 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a Mid 2009 15" Macbook pro. I think it's the version of bootcamp, 3.0.4 but i can't find 3.1 or later on the apple site for some reason and all the other ones download in code; driving me drazy. I think the version of windows is either the original or 7.1. Any thoughts?

6. erck24 thread starter macrumors newbie

64-bit windows, i forgot about that lol. I believe it was released in november