Problems with bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sirmjc, Dec 25, 2011.

1. sirmjc macrumors newbie

I've got a fall 2011 MBP and I'm trying to run bootcamp with Windows 7.

The install isn't working out so well. I legally downloaded Windows 7, and I burned the iso and the install goes smoothly until its finishing up. It restarts the computer to finish the installation but when the computer comes back up its stuck in a cycle of restarting. It switches between an all grey screen that comes up with the Mac 'ding' sound and a second screen thats black, but only shows 'Press any key to boot from CD or DVD'. If I press any key like it says then it pushes me all the way back to the beginning of the installation program. Its a loop. Am I screwing something up before the installation process?

2. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

did you try holding down the option key during boot up? It should show you the windows partition and select it.

3. sirmjc thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I tried that, and the Windows HDD comes up but as soon as I click it, but then it freezes and kicks back to an automatic restart.

4. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

I guess you can try to erase bootcamp and start from the beginning.

5. sirmjc thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that already too, no success. I went back to square one and removed the partition, then re-partitioned it and went through the install process again. No dice.