Problems with Bootloader - Post Windows 7 Bootcampt Install

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by holden57, Aug 3, 2009.

1. holden57 macrumors member

Hello everyone, I was hoping that I could have some help here. So I decided today that I was going to install Windows 7 on my laptop via Bootcamp, so I went through the steps and started to install Windows 7, but it was taking so long, and I asked myself, why do I need this? So I quit, went back into my Mac OS partition and removed my Windows partition and restored my HD back to it's normal 350GB.

I turned my computer off for a bit, because it was pretty hot from all that work. However when I turned it back on I received a black screen with the message 'No bootable device -- please insert bootable media' or something along those lines. I restarted my computer and held down 'option' this time and I got the list of hard drives to boot from, only the Mac OS one was there as one would expect.

So I can get into my computer fine, but it's not booting like it did when I purchased it, is there a way to fix this?

2. holden57 thread starter macrumors member

I fixed the problem, it wasn't difficult. Just went to System Preferences>Startup Disk and then changed it to my Macintosh HD. Very simple.