Problems with " Customize " ipod touch version

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by VToX, Dec 2, 2007.

1. VToX macrumors member

I had accidentally downloaded the iPhone one from the installer. So I downloaded it via the internet and it put it on using Cuteftp pro.
    I see it in my applications on my ipod. When i tap it, a picture of a Cow comes up. Then it waits for about 3 or 4 seconds, then crashes.

Any suggestions?

-vtox

2. VToX thread starter macrumors member

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

just keep trying to open it 10-20 times.
    if that doesnt work:

SFTP into your ipod, and delete Customize in "Applications".
    redownload customize in installer, BUT DO NOT OPEN IT. then SFTP back into your iPt, and put in the downloaded customize file.

(a "customize app works" search will get you to the download you need)

4. VToX thread starter macrumors member

Erm,
    I know how to SFTP into my iPt, because i make my own themes but I don't realy understand what you're saying.
    Kind of.

Just need a bit of Clarification.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I downloaded off of installer and I had to open it four or five times before it finally worked. Been fine ever since, though.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

theres a touch version of customize? I just thought there was one for iphone that was used on touch

7. VToX thread starter macrumors member

well i got it to work but now when i want to customize it using the options in the app, it never saves!

It only saves the Icon Order thing.
    How do I save the settings that I selected?

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You have to reboot for the changes to take effect.

9. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

No matter what I do it keeps crashing on me... Hasn't worked once, even after rebooting and trying repeatedly to load it. :(

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

11. tand8288 macrumors newbie

i need help

there is an update where you can hide icons in customize that i didnt know about and i hid the customize icon and i cant get back into it, can anyone tell me a way to get it back without restoring my ipod touch please.

for the main post i got it from installer and it worked fine on the second try

12. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Just press the little eye next to the app. it will disappear after the springboard re-boots

13. mikeyMISFIT macrumors newbie

erg.

okay, so i downloaded customize from the installer app that i got from ziphone and it doesnt open. ive tried opening it more than 50 times, and it still wont load past the stupid chicken logo. i have an 8gb ipod touch with firware v. 1.1.4 and the january software update. whats goin down, and why wont it work?

14. Drucifer macrumors regular

I just installed SUID Lib Fix from a source I found on youtube and it works fine now.

The problem I've having is I uninstalled it because I was having a problem and now I can't find it in the list of apps to reinstall.

I think I need to restore my iPod which I would rather not do. :(

15. shadowmanifest macrumors newbie

I'm haveing the exact same problem mikeyMISFIT is having!

16. Drucifer macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Look on youtube for help. Like I said I found a source that let me install something to fix the problem. I would get the link for you but I'm on my iPod and you can't copy or paste. :(

17. itouch0089 macrumors newbie

nedd help

whoever know how to use the damm customize icon, because all the time that i touch that icon the screen goes black but nothing happend is like is nothing on the application...............:confused:

18. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

What is the source for the suid thing again.... I'll try it one more time.

19. RAngel macrumors newbie

ok.. i think i know how to fix that crashing problem.. when i installed customize from installer.. a msg poped up saying that if it crashed then i had to dl something else to fix it.. and it did fix =) it's called... "SUID Lib Fix" u can find that in the Tweaks(1.1.4)

hopefully this works..

just a quick question.. i still don't get how to use customizer.. i mean summerboards work.. but i donno how to make anything in customize work.. i dl it and then apply it.. but it doesn't change.. even after turning my ipod off and then back on..

20. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

u fixed it after 8 months?!