Problems with earpods (mic&remote does not work)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by amplify, Mar 8, 2014.

1. amplify, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014

amplify macrumors newbie

Hey,

I got brand new iPhone 5 from warranty replacement with new accessories (earpods, lightning cable, apple loader).
    Today I've listeting to music and noticed that remote on the Earpods isn't completely work. I called to check the mic on earpods and no response too..
    What could be wrong?
    This is new phone.. There's no lins, dust in the jack. I've checked carefully.
    Music plays good, I hear everything, as before.
    But there's no point to use Earpods, while I'm not able to change songs, volume or make voice calls?

What's wrong?
    I've restore iPhone (with iCloud backup) and nothing..

Is this a iPhone Jack problem or headphones?

PLEASE HELP!

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Sounds like it is the headphones. Do you have another set of headphones with mic and volume control you could try?

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

As has been said, there is a very simple (and obvious) way to check if the trouble is with the earphones or the phone. Check with another set of earphones. When using the other earphones, if the trouble persists, it's the phone, - if the trouble is solved it's the earphones.

4. markjcc macrumors newbie

5. amplify, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

amplify thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked another pair of Earpods with no response. It obiously seems a trouble with iPhone jack.

Anyone has got a solution to that? I'd like to avoid replacing iPhone each time... :/

6. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

With your headphones plugged in try and press the volume rocker on the phone.

Does it say ringer or headphones?