Problems with Exchange IMAP

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rangers4me, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Rangers4me macrumors newbie

I setup my University email on my iPhone using Exchange/IMAP, and am having some issues.

First of all, the iPhone created two folders on the server, sent and deleted items which store all items sent/deleted from the iphone instead of actually putting them in the already established folders (there is no option on the phone to do that even in the area where you define the folders). Also, when I delete items from the iPhone the files don't actually delete from the exchange inbox, it just places a copy of the mail in the newly created deleted items folder.

Also, I have to go folder by folder, for the iPhone to retrieve mail from the specific folder (e.g. Inbox...Sports, it will automatically download messages from the inbox, but i have to specifically click on the sports folder for it to update). This is with the connection set to automatically sync every 15 minutes.

Suggestions?

2. jjuhnke macrumors newbie

Yup

Yup this bug has been discussed.

<http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=324049&highlight=IMAP+delete+exchange>

Change your delete and sent folders in Settings > Mail > "Account" > Advanced (bottom of scroll)