Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
I installed XP through Boot Camp on my new MBP, but every time I boot into Windows I have to deal with 2 problems:

1) My Apple BT keyboard is never recognized and I have to set it up each time in Windows.

2) My external display is never recognized as the default display when in clamshell mode. I always have to pull my MBP out, open the lid, adjust the display settings just to get the external to be the default. Also, the display button on the laptop does nothing (Fn+F7)

Is there any way to get around these issues?

hardercore

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2007
Giving this a bump, in the hopes that someone will help. While I'm not experiencing problem #1, I am having the same problem #2 as the original poster. Basically, now that I have an ACD 23" hooked up to my MBP, whenever I restart into Windows XP it defaults back to the MBP's screen as primary and I have to go down under my desk, open up the MBP, and set my ACD as the main display before I can get any work done. Also, I haven't found any way to run Windows in lid-closed mode, and would appreciate any help there too.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Giving this a bump, in the hopes that someone will help. While I'm not experiencing problem #1, I am having the same problem #2 as the original poster. Basically, now that I have an ACD 23" hooked up to my MBP, whenever I restart into Windows XP it defaults back to the MBP's screen as primary and I have to go down under my desk, open up the MBP, and set my ACD as the main display before I can get any work done. Also, I haven't found any way to run Windows in lid-closed mode, and would appreciate any help there too.

Thanks for the bump. Problem #1 sort of resolved itself, but I'm still having the issue with the external display.

MBP2.4User

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
Can't Get External Projector to work

Can anyone tell me how I can get my external projector to work using XP? I tried everything I could - but I couldn't get the fn+F7 to toggle to the projector.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Please email me at
sbaxt72@gmail.com with any help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.