Problems with Finder on a white MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DavidChavez, Nov 10, 2009.

1. DavidChavez macrumors member

Hey guys, I'm new on the forum so, hello everybody!

And this is my problem. A few months ago mom asked me for connect and put her photos on the MacBook (white, Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz, 1GB RAM and Mac OS X v10.5.8) from her Nokia 6131 by a USB cable. The photos that were saved on a 128MB Micro SD just didn't see. I tried to open them but just a couple were visible, other ones stood on the icon "picture" but they didn't open. All this I did it from the Finder.
    I double clicked the non-visible pics but the Finder froze up. I did this like thrice but the Finder just froze up and I restarted from the key combination ALT+SHIFT+ESC like 5 times. After that I restarted the computer and I tried to repeat all the previous process twice, I terribly failed.

The next day I logged in my account on the MacBook (My mom's account its were I did the thing about the photos). The Finder worked good except that I couldn't browse any thing on the spotlight form. I used the computer for about 2 hours and I didn't use it until the next day.

Next day I turned on the computer and the Finder icon was replaced by the same icon that appears on "developing project" by Xcode. I tried to use the spotlight form, close "edit data" windows and some other things. From that Finder now is corrupt.

After this I cleaned the permissions but some ones are corrupt, I downloaded AppleJack but I didn't find any problem, same with Onyx, and with this one I cleaned all the options that come with this program. I failed like Apple did tying to sell LISA.

What I do? I should re-install all the system, or install Snow Leopard? Try to clean corrupt permissions?. This problem is driving me crazy and make me think a little bit that Macs are not so safe as everybody says.

(PD: I'm sorry, but english is not my mother language and if keep learning, so I my spelling or something is wrong please let me know:))

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

So you're saying that there are permissions errors that don't go away when you try to repair? Try rebooting to the system's restore disks and run Disk Utility from there (you can find it under Utilities -> Disk Utility in the installer menu).

Your English is very good, far better than my French (my second language). You've made a few minor grammatical errors, but I have no trouble understanding you. If you're really interested I can make like an English teacher and mark your work. ;)

3. DavidChavez thread starter macrumors member

Proofs

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This are the screenshots were is showed how the Finder icon has been replaced.

(first pic says "Finder has unexpected closed")

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Have you done this?