Problems with Finder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LedZepLover333, Jan 13, 2010.

1. LedZepLover333 macrumors newbie

LedZepLover333

Hey everyone,

I am new to macrumors and this is my first post. I actually decided to make this account because some weird problem popped on my computer. I am not sure if this is common and not sure if i ever had this problem before. I also am not sure how to resolve it.. so here it goes. The explanation may be vague because i don't have screenshots but i will upload them tomorrow(for some reason i don't know how to import screenshots cause it wouldn't work.

I was playing a game and then when i went off it i went back to finder and under "SHARED" in finder there suddenly came up an icon which looks like a computer with blue screen and its called "maps"(all under the "SHARED" in the finder" I tried opening the "MAPS" thingy and it says connection failed and then i pressed get info and it says

maps
    General:

Kind: PC server

I then figured out that it probably has to do something with the internet cause when i re-logged to another user on the mac it was still there. I also tried switching my internet off and on and the icon under "SHARED" disappeared but then about 5 mins later came back up again. I then tried switching the internet off and on again but this time it didn't move. I also tried to relaunch FInder and nothing happened. I also tried to delete it and that didn't work either it said that its impossible to delete it.

When u press on the maps icon under "SHARED" it says connection failed and then also from the right of it shows an option connect as.

Whenever i press "Connect As..."

It instantly comes up with a message saying:

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Connection failed

The server "maps" is available on your computer.
    Access the volumes and files locally.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    It's hard to explain but i don't know how to drag a screenshot that i made into here so pls reply and i will try import the screenshots tomorrow.

Thanks very much for your cooperation and help- LedZepLover333

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

When you make a post there is a toolbar on top of the text entry field, there is an icon looking like this [​IMG] which you have to click and then enter the http address of your image. I use Flickr to upload screenshots and insert them here, but you can use other image hosting services that allow hot linking.

As to your "problem": Do you have any PCs in your network (LAN/W-LAN)?

I also don't think it has anything to do with your internet connection, as that would require some work (to actually see a PC/Mac (computer) in your Shared section connected to via the internet).

3. LedZepLover333 thread starter macrumors newbie

LedZepLover333

Here are the screenshots that i've made...
    I don't think i have any pcs connected to my computer cause i don't have any pcs in my house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. LedZepLover333 thread starter macrumors newbie

LedZepLover333

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just use the paper clip next to the smiley to add your pics. It's much easier if you've got pics you want to add right from your Mac.