Problems with Firefox 3.0.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mathemology, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Mathemology macrumors newbie

I'm having issues with Firefox 3.0.3. When I'm in the middle of clicking around the internet, all of a sudden Firefox poops out on me. I'll click a link and it doesn't respond. So I keep clicking and clicking... and clicking... then it responds. Then sometimes it'll half-ass load a page, and not load any graphics or the font and arrangement of the page looks like someone typed it up in Word (see pic).

[​IMG]

I know this is not an issue with my internet connection, because when I use Safari it doesn't give me this issue. Inevitably, I expect some to say use Safari instead, but that's not a choice because Safari is slower (to me at least) and some plug-ins and the tabbing style from Firefox is what I want. I don't want to give up Firefox, and frankly, this is the first time anything like this has been happening to me.

Is anyone else having these issues? If not, what would you suggest I do? It's so bizarre. It's like Firefox freezes sometimes. I have to kill the bastard at times to start over.

PS - I'm a new Mac user as of Monday so if it involves some in-depth stuff you may need to be patient.

2. unclefudgly macrumors newbie

Same problems here.

In the rush to make firefox bigger and better there do seem to be a lot more glitches popping up now than ever before. Going back to firefox 3 if I can find it.

:mad: