Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Hey folks!

So...I've been dealing with this issue for the past week, but haven't managed to find any solutions.

I've been having issues with using Flash in Firefox...I'm essentially unable to watch anything on YouTube. I tried re-installing Flash, and while the .dmg file is still open, YouTube worked for a minute or two (but has stopped working since). I can watch YouTube using Chrome, however, so it seems it's a problem between Flash and Firefox.

Last edited:

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Hey folks!

So...I've been dealing with this issue for the past week, but haven't managed to find any solutions.

I've been having issues with using Flash in Firefox...I'm essentially unable to watch anything on YouTube. I tried re-installing Flash, and while the .dmg file is still open, YouTube worked for a minute or two (but has stopped working since). I can watch YouTube using Chrome, however, so it seems it's a problem between Flash and Firefox.

Chrome has Flash built in. I would download and reinstall Flash. BTW, I have had to stop using FF because of performance issues. If I leave a few dozen tabs open (or 100 in tab groups), FF runs away with my memory and CPU and sometimes I even have to hold power down and reboot. I've stopped using FF on OS X. It Mozilla is ignoring us Mac users right now and there hasn't been a stable build of FF for OS X since some time before 3.5.

Aniday

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2009
Why is it unheard of when people have 100+ tabs open for their browser to become sluggish?

You have 100 webpages open, what do you expect? I've never had a problem with FF. Use your software reasonably and neither will you.

OP, your plugin container is probably broken. Reinstall FF. By that I mean delete everything associated with FF before downloading it again.

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Thanks!

OP, your plugin container is probably broken. Reinstall FF. By that I mean delete everything associated with FF before downloading it again.

Thanks, folks!
So...delete everything, including preference files, saved sessions, plugins, etc.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.